Re: [OM] Niagra Falls kit? and then some

Subject: Re: [OM] Niagra Falls kit? and then some
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 19:21:37 +1000
The US side looks a lot better than I've seen it previously in photos. But
it is still not as nice as the Canadian side. Certain areas of the US side
looked like Hiroshima (totaly bombed buildings), though this year I noticed
it looked better and had been cleaned up some more. Also, the US forest is a
panoramic view of high voltage transmission towers, particularly going on
the bypass to the Queenstown/Lewiston bridge. In my opinion anyway. Can make
an interesting shot.
But 12 months between visits makes a difference. It definitely looked better
this year. Last year (March 2000) I saw the Canadians picking up garbage,
and I'm sure I saw the US putting it out ;-).
Yet the tucker on the US side in a small bar was fantastic. Better than
anything else we ate in Canada and US.
Life is a paradox.
Anyway, the US side realises it has to play catch up and is doing it's bit
to do so. I'm trying not to bag the US side, but both sides are different.
And the US side is in transition. And both sides have their good and bad
points.
The shots onto the falls are better from the Canadian side. The US side
remembers Tesla.
I've never been there in peak season, only March/April, but crossing the
border at any of the bridges took only a cursoury passport glance
(Australian passport) once I had been into the country. Changing sides was
simple and easy.

My experience anyway.

Foxy