Re: [OM] OM-1 MD with meterproblem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 MD with meterproblem
From: Arild Eikenæs Vengen <Arild.Vengen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:50:28 +0200
johnsonpa wrote:

> > > BTW: Any thoughts on these lenses that followed the camera? One standard
> > > 50mm 1,8f old Zuiko lens, a 35-105mm f/3,5-4,5 MC Zuiko lens and a
> > > Tokina 70-210mm, f/3,5.
> >I wonder if this is a great buy, I get the OM-1 body and the three
> >lenses for between $110 and $220.
>
> I've lost track of who posted what, but if the OM-1 comes with those three
> lenses for a total of only $110, then you can't go wrong.  You may have to
> get another body if the OM-1 is broken, but the 35-105/3.5-4.5 around $150
> to $200 if it is in good condition.
> Be sure to check all the lenses for dust, cleaning marks, oily aperture
> blades, signs of impact and other abuse, though.  The 50/1.8 isn't worth
> much, and I don't know anything about the 70-210/3.5.
>
> HTH,
> --p.j.

It seems like I can get all of them for about 2000NOK ($220), I will
probably buy it, because finding Olympus OM-equipment in Norway is not
easy. I managed to talk to an old Olympus repairman here i Norway (Knut
Moe), and he said it was nearly impossible to find an OM-2n in good
working condition (he has been a repairman for the last 30 years), it
would be easier to fix the battery-cable, he charged just $70, I don`t
think thats too bad, being in Norway.

Regards,
Arild E. Vengen