RE: [OM] Some shots

Subject: RE: [OM] Some shots
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:50:50 -0600
> great shots, Dan! I'll have more time over the weekend to really look them

> over...in the meantime, is one of those photogs you?? I know you're not
the
> heavyset dude...he's clutching a Minolta to his chest.

 No, none of them are me, though the guy facing away (last photo) is someone
I know; he used to have an OM2n, but recently "upgraded" to N*k*n stuff.
Heresy! (though to be fair he's going on a trip to places where it will
probably be easier to get N*k*n stuff repaired/replaced if necessary, so it
might just be practicality)

 (an interesting comparison is to look at
http://www.iam.ca/snowjam/photos.php?city=calgary which is the "official"
set of photos from that weekend. Not to blow my own trumpet or anything, but
I honestly think my shots are better than those ones; they all look very
happysnap-ish to me.

 That said, one of the press photographers this year (and last year) has
probably got some _great_ shots; he climbed up the stairs to the large
quarterpipe ramp and took photos of people jumping reflected in City Hall
(the mirrored building behind it). Very nice, and very press-pass-only
accessible..)

 -- dan