Re: [OM] Galen Rowell on Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Galen Rowell on Olympus
From: Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:51:08 -0700 (PDT)
> > actualy claim a plastic N90 could possibly be more durable
> or reliable
> > than an OM-4 tells me he is a walking Nik*n ad.

But I remember in another article by GR, that he complained
bitterly about the inability to blindly operate his
wonderbricks.  In that article he actually made a sideways
compliment to the OM-4T.

He really is correct about the reliability issue.  I personally
have looked at this and if/when I go full-time, it will most
likely be with Nikon (if 35mm).  One primary issue is rental and
loaner gear.  I can get nearly any lens I want at anytime in
nearly any location with Nikon.

Isn't that article a bit old?  I thought he stopped using the F4
(not reliable enough) long ago and got numerous F5s and low end
Nikons.  Personally, I think the F4/N90s is nearly worthless
when compared to the F5/F100.  I'd take an EOS-1n over either F4
or N90s anyday.

KN