Re: [OM] Help: still problems w/scanner]

Subject: Re: [OM] Help: still problems w/scanner]
From: "c.e.packard" <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:52:59 -0500
I have been quietly watching this thread and haven't responded until now
because of all the good suggestions being given. Now I'll throw my two
cents in.
First: Stay far away from Windows ME, far away.
Second: Uninstall the scanner software and SCSI software if any.
Shutdown the PC. Remove the SCSI card and reboot. Goto Control
Panel/System/Device Manager make sure that there are no remnants of the
card or scanner listed. Now, reinstall the software. Once the software
is loaded, shutdown the PC, Reinstall the card and reboot.
This method has worked for me while installing some non Adaptec SCSI
cards and DSL modem cards.
-Charles Packard