RE: [OM] Galen Rowell on Olympus

Subject: RE: [OM] Galen Rowell on Olympus
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 13:45:54 +1000
>Sponsorships can cause biased opinions. The OM-1 is probably much tougher
>than the OM-4 series and all the modern Nikon and Canon bodies. /jnm

Not really fair - I handle OM-1 contemporaries frequently (so called
'student' cameras) such as Nikkormats, Canon FT's, Minolta SRT's and
they're all seriously solid and could probably pulverise an OM. The Leica
M3 I once owned was as close to a solid lump of metal as anything I've
handled and could probably destroy an M6. So? Does any of this indicate
reliability? If so, then Russian cameras will live forever and perform
flawlessly.  :)
AndrewF