[OM] OT (was: Help: still problems w/scanner]

Subject: [OM] OT (was: Help: still problems w/scanner]
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 13:48:16 +0100
Cc: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Hans

Your next step would have had to be a visit to the Apple Store (www.apple.com) ;-).

Chris

At 23:43 +0200 18/8/01, Hans van Veluwen wrote:
: Your problem appears to have nothing to do with the scanner itself.  The
: problem is that the system has yet to recognize the installation of the
: SCSI card.  So, David's first question:  Which OS? is very important.
: If it's Windows 95 then you should immediately head out to find an
: upgrade to Windows 98 or ME or Windows 2000 Professional.  The
: recognition
: of the SCSI card is dependent on the Windows Plug and Play interface and
: is unlikely to work properly in Windows 95

Finally, I gave up, and installed Windows 2000 Server. What a difference!
Almost all my hardware, including the SCSI adapter, two network adapter, the
graphic adapter and the Epson Stylus Photo printer, were recognised and
installed properly without one single interference by me! The Wacom tablet
and Logitech cordless keyboard were the only pieces of hardware that needed
to be added. And I had to search the Internet for a Windows NT/2000
compatible Twain driver for my old Trust 4800SP+ SCSI scanner because the
Win95 compatible driver wasn't even recognised.

etc ...

--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker