Re: [OM] I think we all lost it.

Subject: Re: [OM] I think we all lost it.
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 15:34:18 EDT
Tom et.al,

There can be no doubt that it got a tad ugly and it is never pleasant to see
a group have to "expel" a member...but this guy was dubious from the first.I
have to admit I wondered about him from about his second post...his language
and online demeanor were not 'adult" and I remember wondering if he were a
kid. I still think it's entirely possible that he's a teen or very young with
little social schooling. To say that his remarks were often juvenile would be
kind. I can feel no regret in seeing him "expelled".

While I missed most of his messages as I have been filtering him from the
get-go, I could tell from the responses the gist of his replies and caught
his last nasties. Considering how peaceful this community at large has been
over the last four years, exclusion was really the only choice. As juvenile
as it sounds, he would more than likely love to think we are referring to him
by using his moniker as a descriptive term. I would rather never see nor
think of it again.

My only advice to newcomers is, if you perceive a member to iriitate you,
instead of starting a flame, merely filter him out and you will relieve
yourself (and us!) of a lot of unnecessary anger and ill-will. Life's too
short to waste on guys like these..

Now I'm headed out for a nice afternoon, 5 rolls of film in my pocket, and my
favorite '76 OM2 on my neck.....what bliss....!

Susan Steele
Virginia USA