[OM] OM System Reliabity

Subject: [OM] OM System Reliabity
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 15:51:05 -0400
Well, last night, to my frustration, my F280 flash failed on me. It
would fire in super FP mode but not regular auto. Even the test button
would not work. I tried it on several camera bodies and even tired the
7 pin connector, new batteries, etc. This seems to be a recurring
problem I have had with this flash. I have 3 of them.

So, I think there are certain places where the OM system has
reliability problems. Rather than base on someone's anecdotal opinions,
I think we should start taking some data on the reliability of various
components of the OM system. Not sure exactly how to go about it though.
Some of the items I have had or seen trouble with include:

OM-4's in general, not 4t's.
F280 flash - finicky failures
85-250 zoom - zoom stopped working
50/1.2 sticky diaphragm
50/1.4 sticky diaphragm in high humidity
35-80/2.8 internal screws weak.

Wayne