Re: [OM] Re: framing Tamron SP 90mm Macro, 1:1 extender, 55mm filter.

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: framing Tamron SP 90mm Macro, 1:1 extender, 55mm filter.
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 14:29:08 +1000
>andrew fildes wrote:
><< Just been offered a Tamron SP 90mm Macro with 1:1 extender. It's the 55mm
> filter ring version. >>

>The 49mm filter version we seem to think may have been the original earliest
>version of the 90 macro, maybe a 90/2.5. I have never seen one to my
>knowledge.

I've seen one offered on ebay - looks 'chunkier' and is probably heavier. I
didn't know or hadn't registered comments about the f2.8, 1:1 version but
opinion seems to indicate that it wasn't exactly the 'new improved
version.' I thought the original discussion was about the two f2.5
versions.

>I like my Tamron 90 (did I already say that? ;-)). I also now have the Zuiko
>85/2, very different, so small, like a standard lens, faster, no close
>focusing, gorgeous to look at and handle. So I feel spoiled at the moment!
>Dave Bellamy.

I've got an 85/2 also which is why I'm sweating on whether I should buy
this one or not but I'll probably ring/make an offer on Monday - they don't
come around that often. Just can't help myself!
AndrewF