Re: [OM] Moderator on List

Subject: Re: [OM] Moderator on List
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 10:31:45 EDT
I want to cast another vote for "no tighter restrictions."  I think that
closing the list was a good idea, but that's all the "defense" we need at
this time. I've subscribed to this list for years now, even though I'm not
one of the more active posters and not an expert on any phase of photography,
and believe that the wide-ranging discussions that occur from time to time
have helped me develop a sense of the personality of other list members, like
a group of friends. We do occasionally have our spats, but they are usually
cooled off relatively quickly with little bloodshed (one recent exception
noted).

I would suggest that the su*bscription confirmation message, which I presume
is automagically generated, could contain some simple information, such as
requesting that all OT and FS messages be identified as such in their title
lines, a specific pointer to the list archives, and pointers to a couple of
the bigger/better info and link sites, such as Lee Hawkins' and Siddiq's
sites. Those pointers would probably eliminate many of the repeat, simple
questions that newbies ask.

Just my .02
Greg