Re: [OM] Moderator/ADITL

Subject: Re: [OM] Moderator/ADITL
From: Bernard Frangoulis <bf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 19:55:07 +0200
Dave,

I absolutely agree with Tom's message.

I am quite a newbie on this list, but I have encountered similar (well, not quite so offensive!) behaviours on some other lists. I understand that you were quite hurt, but please don't take personally the responses from other list members (except the one rotten apple), everybody agrees that they were mistaken. Your leaving would mean that one devious individual has made it impossible for us to keep this list the thoughtful and friendly place that it appears to have been for so long.

(And please excuse any inadequacy in my wording, English is not my native language).

Best,
Bernard

Dave,

Don't do that.  You can't let him win.  That's exactly what he wanted.  He
wanted to cause trouble on the list and for you personally.  Please don't
take everyone's, including my, reaction personally.  It is we that should
apologize (and I do, profusely) for believing that the ridiculous post could
be yours.  In the back of my mind, I knew something was wrong, but even I
didn't consider Oben that devious.

He is.

We've already lost Chris O'Neill.  We shouldn't lost you too.   I imagine
we've lost other list members too.

Why should we let Oben win?

I assure you that if Oben had posted claiming to be me, everyone would have
believed it was me and posted exactly the same thing.  It does not, and
should not, reflect on you.  Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't pick me,
given his animosity.

Give us all another chance.  Please?

Tom