Re: [OM] chem disposal/indirectly list related

Subject: Re: [OM] chem disposal/indirectly list related
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 19:25:05 +0000
At 23:36 8/19/01, Marcus wrote:

Hello all! I am moving to upstate New York next month,
and am going to set up a B&W darkroom. I assume that
with a septic tank and a high water table with wells
as the primary water source, that I will need to
collect, save, and dispose of my chemistry. Where do
you take this stuff? Also, is print and film washing
water diluted enough to pass through the septic
system. Any websites with this sort of info would be
much appreciated. Thank you!  -Marcus

You didn't mention which chemicals. Have you inquired with the makers of them. For Kodak, see the MSDS for the specific chemical which includes disposal:
  http://www.kodak.com/US/en/corp/hse/prodSearchMSDS.shtml

For Ilford see this page:
  http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/msds/hse3.html

If you poke around on other chemical makers' sites, they should have the MSDS either on line or how to obtain it. The information typically isn't linked to from the main page; you have to dig for it (look under safety, MSDS, etc.) or use a site search for these key words.

-- John