[OM] Random observations about my photo trek.

Subject: [OM] Random observations about my photo trek.
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 20:07:48 -0500
Went out to take some shots for the latest TOPE today.  Kind of rushed, so
I'm not sure whether my results will be great.  The kids were along but
without their cameras, so we'll do a camera safari next weekend so they can
shoot for their entries too.

Won't share where I went yet, as they're probably all throw aways, but
thought I'd share a few random observations.

Threw a an unusual (for me) kit together:

OM-4T (ok, my normal main camera -- beater covered in Morgan Spark's finest)
OM-2n (another Morgan special that has made it into my keep collection
21/2
35-80
135/2.8
180/2.8 (pre-200K)
1.4X-A

So, here's my brain dump of thoughts:

- The 2n is truly a classic camera.  Hadn't used a 2 in awhile, having been
using the 4T.  That's going to change. The 2 just fits in my hands so
perfectly -- like they were designed together. What an engineering and
design triumph.

- The 135/2.8 has to one of the best balanced lenses to ever be mounted on a
2n.  It just fits right. I hadn't used the 135 in way to long. Most of my
shots were with this lens.

- The 180/2.8 feels like the 135's big brother.  Also a perfect feel.  I
used it for a few shots with the 1.4X-A so it will be interesting to see the
results.

- This kit fits nicely in a small Tamrac backpack (918, I think).  Covers a
lot, with a manageable amount of equipment

- Candid people shots are fun.  I was horribly rushed by the realities of
life, but took 48 shots in a short period of time. If I have a half dozen
keepers, I'll be happy. Some of them looked wonderful through the
viewfinder, but......

OK, guess that's it. Thought I had more <g>.  Just picked up the negs, but
have others to scan first....I'll know soon though.  Trying to scan and put
up auctions at the same time....

Tom