Re: [OM] OM-2n (Was: Tom Scales - Random observations about myphoto tr

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n (Was: Tom Scales - Random observations about myphoto trek.)
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:52:29 +0000
At 20:36 8/20/01, M.E.Bachofen wrote:

>. . . having a bulky hot shoe that I NEVER use on top of
>my OM-2 and OM-1.

So, you chose to have a camera without the ability to have flash, even at a synch of 60. Some of us don't. It's still poor engineering given that they can't hold adequate flashes. I believe it is simple, if the removeable/replaceable shoe was durable it would be fine. They don't last. That's the problem.
M.E.Bachofen

This doesn't mean you have no flash. I have used the OM-1n with the BG-2 and T-32 on a number of occasions, sometimes stacked on the Winder 2. Yes, it's not directly over the lens, but if you use the shoe for a flash and turn vertical, it's now directly to the side. At least with a BG-2 or equivalent flash handle it's still above the lens axis, albeit to the side.

BTW, I've used a T-32 in a Shoe 4 and it does require some care in use, and I agree the removable shoe should have been sturdier.

-- John