Re: [OM] OM-2n (Was: Tom Scales - Random observations about myphoto tre

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n (Was: Tom Scales - Random observations about myphoto trek.)
From: Steve Goss <steveg3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 21:51:08 -0500
I don't think that Olympus forgot to install the TTL connector on the OM-2.  It
probably had not been invented yet. Remember, when the OM-2 was created, the
big flash was the QA310, which did not use the TTL connectors. The T32, etc.,
didn't come out until the OM-1N and OM-2N arrived. At that point, they probably
made room for the flash circuitry, but didn't have any space left over for the
connector.

And yes, I think they designed the OM-1 and OM-2 flash shoes were designed as
"crumple zones". The TTL Connectors are too, but since they don't have a flash
cantilevered off them, they are less at risk.
To paraphrase Paul VanTul, and risk the wrath of the list, I have one on
ebay... Maybe I'd better line my monitor with asbestos too.

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa