Re: [OM] 8mm Broken Fisheye on EBay

Subject: Re: [OM] 8mm Broken Fisheye on EBay
From: "W.Xato" <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 21:07:51 -0700 (PDT)
--- Grant <GB1029@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's a shame such nice lenses got so trashed. Of
> course
> they might not be as bad as he makes it sound...
>
> Grant

::1. Auto Macro 1: 35 f 50 mm (this one is in good
shape and probaly works fine, very slightly cloudy but
could be used) but since this was in the same box as
the thrashed ones i have to say damaged. I belive this
one WILL work. ::

Worth something.

::2. Auto Fish Eye 1 3.5 f 15mm really cloudy almost
yellow when you look though it could take a cool
picture though. You can see though it though. Fungus
an corrosion in places. ::

The yellow is probably the filter in place and its
probably the 16mm from the looks of it.

::3. Auto Fish Eye 1 3.5 f 8mm so cloudy that its tint
is RED when you look though it! far out!..all the
aperture gears work fine. Might work. ::

Another bunch of fungus disguising itself as a red
filter. Is this guy daft or has no experience with
these lens at all?  The rest of the lens have their
"gears" stuck. Of course you can't move the aperture
ring from the aperture pin.

Still, this stuff may be a pig in a poke.

Warren

=====
Warren Xato

For where to go when you know when