Re: [OM] OT Whisky by TCP/IP

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Whisky by TCP/IP
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:52:25 +0200
Yo nrky@xxxxxxxx,

on Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:30:53 -0500, you wrote:

>> I personally would recommend Laphroaig or Lagavulin. ;-)
>
>OBAN ;-)
>
>Seriously. One of the 6 classic single malts carries that name.

This brings back to memory the race from Onich to Oban we did in August of
'99. We needed a spare part (wheel bearing) for one of the bikes, had just
arrived at our B&B for the night and found out by phone that they had it in
a Honda shop in Oban. About 50 minutes to get to Oban and find them before
their closing time. If there are any automatic radar trap cameras along the
way, Falk's Triumph Trident and my FJ 1200 are probably starring on all of
the films (the guy for whose bike we were trying to pick up the bearing,
Martin, had agreed to pay any fines; we never heard of any, though - may be
we were too fast to be picked up ;-) ). We actually made it, only to find
out that the part they had was the wrong one, so we had to take another trip
to Inverness the next day (at least, the people in the shop in Oban phoned
around and located the right part for us there). Still, this ride earned us
a bottle of Black Bush from Martin (enjoyed it, though Oban would have been
more appropriate, but we'd had some of that a couple of days before).
OOMC: a few days later on that trip, all my photo equipment (2n, XA, several
lenses and accessories) was stolen, along with everything else in my tank
bag.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--