[OM] Vivitar 19-35 zoom?

Subject: [OM] Vivitar 19-35 zoom?
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:39:26 -0600
 I saw one of these pop up on eBay; bidding ended at $154, it was at $125
when I looked. I was curious as to how much they cost new -- $149.95 at B&H,
so I guess holding off on the auction was a good plan.

 Does anyone have any experiences with these? Reviews on
photographyreview.com say "flares, so get a bigger lens hood"; someone
elsewhere was complaining about the variable f.stop (but I've got OTF
metering so, heck, all is well there!), most people seem to think that while
it's not perfect, it's pretty darned good for the money.

 Can anyone here confirm/deny this? Obviously I'd rather get a Zuiko 18mm
and do things properly, but price rather stands in the way there..

 thanks,

 -- dan