RE: [OM] Tiger photos and [OT] Tiger story

Subject: RE: [OM] Tiger photos and [OT] Tiger story
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 08:13:48 -0700
Wonderful tiger shots. Easily my favorite of the big cats.

A tiger story:

Some years ago I attended a 'Siegfried and Roy' show in Las Vegas. They use
white tigers, as well as the normal variety, in their show.

Seating was excellent. We were at a long table (dinner theatre type show)
under 10 feet from a central runway extending out into the audience. People
on the opposite side of the table, while having to twist in their seats to
view the show, were less than 5 feet from the runway.

During dinner, the woman directly opposite me was at one point paying
attention to her plate and unaware of the fact that one of the two star
performers had walked up on the runway directly behind her. Nothing
remarkable in that, except for the huge Bengal tiger on a leash that
accompanied him. The tiger silently laid down on the edge of the runway,
facing the woman's back, its head and paws now less than 4 feet from her.

I believe it was the total silence in the hall that caused the woman to look
'round...

My friends, teleportation *does* exist, we wait only for physicists to
determine how it works. I have seen it in operation. The poor woman touched
no point of table, dinner or other guests, but ended up a good 25 feet away.

Siegfried and Roy rewarded her on-stage immediately after. I sat the rest of
the show still somewhat awestruck by the multi-hundred pounds of muscle and
grace that had been so close.

---
Scott Gomez