[OM] Last Saturday

Subject: [OM] Last Saturday
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:24:24 -0700
Part of the reason I am behind in digests and inappropriatly posted a
dave/oben post before catching up (my apologies) is that I was at the
incredible vintage car nirvana weekend also known as Monterey Historics
last weekend. On Saturday afternoon I was on my favorite little platform
off the side of Laguna Seca's turn 9 bridge (a credentialled
photographers only area) and along comes a guy with a small silver
camera with a modest zoom lens. I take a double take noticing that the
small silver camera looked a whole lot like the black OM-2S I happened
to be using at the time and realized it was a perfect looking OM-2.
Needless to say I just had to mention he had a nice camera ;-) Turns out
it was a darn near flawless (pre-N) OM-2...he bought it brand new in
1975 or so when he was 17 years old to go shoot cars at Long Beach Grand
Prix with and has done so with it ever since. He tells me it has always
worked perfectly (it still looked new) and he loves it. One more
datapoint that these things can be used for years trouble-free. It is
always nice to run into an Olympus user at the track...we're not all
gone yet <g>.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com