Re: [OM] New Member - with an 18mm Zuiko for sale!

Subject: Re: [OM] New Member - with an 18mm Zuiko for sale!
From: Matt Crawley <matt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:34:36 -0600
Hi Skip.

skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> First, don't sell the 18/3.5 until you take some images with that keeper.
> It's a star.

Hahahaha. Spoken like a true addict!

> Second, you might want to think about a scenario where you sell everything
> except the following:
> (1) OM-1
> (1) OM-2
> (1) 28/3.5
> (2) 50mm (the 1.8's are the best imagers)
> (1) 75-150/4
> 18/3.5

It might very well end up that way... I think I'll get one body CLA'd and
see how I like shooting with it.

> That would leave you to sell two bodies, 3-4 winders, and 4-? lenses.  You
> could easily pocket $6-800 for that bunch sold seperately.

True... I'll have to see. I haven't even picked up the rest of the gear yet.
I grabbed the 18mm because I new it must be a nice lens and the rest of the
stuff is still sitting at work.

> If you want to use the bodies, I'd budget for CLA's at ~$100 ea to replace
> the foam seals and recalibrate the OM-1's mercury batter for modern alkaline
> cells.

I had my Canon CLA'd at a local place recently and they put a little dated
sticker inside. When I opened the Olympus boies all 4 of them had service
stickers from the same place, but dated 1986!

Thanks for the advice.

 - Matt Crawley