Re: [OM] New Member - with an 18mm Zuiko for sale!

Subject: Re: [OM] New Member - with an 18mm Zuiko for sale!
From: Matt Crawley <matt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 20:02:53 -0600
Hi Gary.

pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> If you'd like to make side by side comparisons of some Canon FD lenses
> with Olympus OM lenses, see the following links:
> http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm
> and
> http://members.aol.com/canonfdlenstests/default.htm

Those are some great links... Did you do those test? Hat's off to you if you
did. GREAT work.

> << The Canon section [on eBay] is FULL of profiteers who buy up
> "special" items and stockpile them to keep the prices up... >>
>
> It doesn't appear to me that Canon FD prices are on the rise.  To the
> contrary, they seem to have been falling over the last three years,
> which wouldn't make sense for someone stockpiling.

I've only been watching for a few months and there are 2 or 3 people who
I've seen selling their "personal" lenses to "go digital"... except they've
sold 3 of the same size "personal" lenses... and the feedback section shows
that they keep buying the popular FD lenses even though there "going
digital". Also, I had bids in on 3 or 4 nice lenses that seemed like they
were going to go for reasonable prices and then the auctions just ended...
but the SAME lenses with the SAME pics and descriptions showed up a week
later being sold by one these guys, at a MUCH higher price.

Obviously this is a bit of sour grapes on my part. These guys might be
making their livings doing this while it is just a hobby for me, but I would
rather that they didn't profit from items that I am selling.

 - Matt Crawley