Re: [OM] Winder wont give back my MD Cover!

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder wont give back my MD Cover!
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:13:52 EDT
There are two of these winders that reside in my stash closet and I had never
notice the foam in the slot, but it sure is there and sticky/decomposed.  One
of the winders came with a black MD cover for an OM 2N that had been slightly
corroded from a leaky battery.  I cleaned it up and no, I don't want to sell
it as I also have the camera.  What I do when I'm going to be using my winder
is store the cap in an empty film canister.  Actually I store a lot of the
smaller pieces that might get lost in the same canister, like the hot shoe
slides, sync cord covers, etc.  That is what works for me.  Now to your
guestion.  Were it my winder that I was trying to extricate the MD cover
from, I might stick the end in a glass with a little denatured alcohol.  It
might not help, but it certainly wouldn't hurt either.  The next thing I
would do would be to try and pull it out.  If it still wouldn't move, I would
try to find something that I could reach the back side of the cover with and
attempt to pull it out rather than using a thin knife to try and dislodge it
or dig it out.  If that didn't work, I'd probably try one of the other ideas
you are sure to get.  I'm sure there are several generous members who will
offer to remove it for free, if you would let them keep the MD cover.  Good
luck!  Bill Barber