Re: [OM] Yet more sharing of photographs

Subject: Re: [OM] Yet more sharing of photographs
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:55:47 +0100
"Reynolds Paul (NAP)" wrote:

> http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/subpages/reynolds/reynolds.html
>
> Paul Reynolds

Many inspiring photos there Paul.  I used to live near Canary Wharf and
oftened tried to photograph it, but I could never seem to find the right
angle.

Now then, you invited criticism, so I hope you won't feel offended if I
comment on a couple:

canarywharf2.jpg - I can't help being irritated by the tower leaning
just a little to the left so that the windows aren't parallel to the
bottom of the frame.

bass.jpg - seems to be a little colourless - could it be a bit
underexposed?  What film is it on?

highnoon.jpg - lovely contrast and very striking, but feels a little
unbalanced to me.  Could half a pace to the right be a better viewpoint?

This is the kind of nit-picking criticism I would like people to do on
my photos!  It might improve my objectivity.  But these criticisms
aside, I really like parliament.jpg and escalator.jpg.  Is that on the
Jubilee line?  Great lighting, and perfect in black & white.  One of
these weekends I've got to spend a day photographing the tube.

Bracing myself for disagreement and/or reciprocal bashing of my photos!
Roger