Re: [OM] Re: framing, Tamron SP 90mm Macro, 1:1 extender,

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: framing, Tamron SP 90mm Macro, 1:1 extender,
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:46:30 EDT
andrew fildes wrote:
<< Just been offered a Tamron SP 90mm Macro with 1:1 extender. It's the 55mm
 filter ring version. >>

Dear Andrew,

Did you get it? I used my 1:1 extender for the _very_first_time_ yesterday.
Even though I had the lens in 1992.

It was a little bit of hassle to put on the 1:1 extension tube with the
necessary swapping over of the Olympus OM mount too, but it was worth it! I
was surprised at what a good fit the tube was to the lens. There was NO PLAY
at all. Just like a single lens!

Anyway, I had a great time photographing the bees on the thistle plants in
our garden, all of which are easily identifyable with their distinct
features. Nice symmetry in the spherical thistles.

Knowing me it will be ages before i get them developed let alone scanned!

Dave Bellamy.
http://members.aol.com/synthchap/