Re: [OM] Winder wont give back my MD Cover!

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder wont give back my MD Cover!
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 20:17:36 -0500

Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:50:41 EDT
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx

Just a thought - is this MD cover the OM-1/2 cover that fits in there or the
OM-3/4/2SP cover that is actually too big to properly fit in there?

It's an OM4T cover... and this is the first I've heard that the storage slot isn't designed for it!

<< Even so, the cover seemed to be a fairly tight fit into the slot. >>

I found it aggravating that the Winder 2 which I bought in 1992 was still
designed to take to OM-1/2 covers and not my OM-4Ti cover. I couldn't get the
OM-4Ti cover in there, because it is bigger, and I was quite annoyed.

Bummer! Is this on of those obscure bits of Olympus knowledge that everyone has to discover on their own? I thought that I had read all the OM FAQ's out there, and don't recall any such matter being discussed...... and since I have no personal experience with an OM 1 or 2, it didn't occur to me that a change was made to the MD cap. Oh, well, it's never too late to learn, I guess. Am I correct that the OM4T MD cap is the same as the battery cover, and are not as hard (impossible) to find as the smaller ones for the OM1/2? When was the switch made? OM2N? OM2S?

Dave Bellamy.

Anyway, thanx for the information, Dave. Maybe I'll just leave it there and buy another one from Camtech.... but to avoid loosing it, is it possible to "hog out" the slot in my newer winder to accept an OM4T cap? The trick I would think would not to make it too loose, given the foam is shot, so that the cap could fall out any time I eject the battery pack.....

Curt Hedman