Re: [OM] Removing the front group on a 50/1.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Removing the front group on a 50/1.8
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 05:46:07 -0400
Clint said:
Add to your tool chest some black or white rubber stopers from your
local hardware store -- the larger ones work great for turning some of
the name rings.  <snip>
-----------------------
Thanks, Clint.  My principal name ring removal tool is built-up from a
hardware store item.  It's a rubber furniture leg cup.  It's sides are
tapered and about 1-3/4" in diameter at the widest point. The rubber is
too hard to get a good grip so I have attached a gripping surface on the
narrow end.  The gripping surface is a strip of wide rubber band rubber
cemented in place.  Originally, I had thought of using a slice out of a
length of surgical rubber tubing but the plain ol' rubber band seems to
be working just fine.  It will probably rot away soon as most rubber
bands do but it's easy to replace.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA