[OM] OM-40 (OM-PC) "B" setting not working properly

Subject: [OM] OM-40 (OM-PC) "B" setting not working properly
From: Wim Verheyen <wimwim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 21:13:07 +0200
Hi,

When I set the shutter time ring on my OM-40 to "B", it doesn't work as expected.
I push the shutter release button, and keep it pushed, the shutter opens,
but after about 1 second, the shutter closes again.
When I set the timing to 1 second, I have the impression that the opening time
is only about half a second.
All this is done in manual mode of course.
I normally use the camera in automatic mode, and have no exposure problems.
Anyone has a clue to what causes this ?
Should I have the camera serviced ?

Thanks for any feedback,