Re: [OM] Person to watch out for and avoid!

Subject: Re: [OM] Person to watch out for and avoid!
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 23:12:09 +0200

He does not appear to be doing anything illegal by cancelling auctions. Those
that he has cancelled have not hit reserve as far as I can see. In one case, he
stopped the auction and sold to the bidder that first offered the reserve price
( 100GBP= 150USD for a mint Zuiko 60-200); that surprised me. Could be he needed
some quick cash; he had first offered a large group of mint Olympus equipment
for 1250GBP (no offers), then the same for 750GBP (did not reach reserve at
950GBP). Finally he split everything up, but cancelled the OM-4Ti and OM-1 early
('no longer available'). Makes a bidding strategy very difficult, especially a
snipe. Note that he restricts sales to UK, Europe, and Canada ( no worse than US
sellers specifying US only...).

mvh / regards
Roger Key

Watch out for this guy, I have bid on some of his auctions where he has
cancelled, for no other reason than he "got a better offer locally".  He's
also currently selling the "insertion/removal tool" [tweezers?] for about
$10 [maybe I should some of mine?].
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1266920751