[OM] Battery sources

Subject: [OM] Battery sources
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 19:21:15 -0400
Scott Gomez inquired:
Recently, someone posted a message listing good sources for 357
batteries at
inexpensive prices. Could you repost please? I thought I had saved the
message, but I hadn't, and I can't find it in the archives.
Well, I didn't post it but I made sure to make note of Everready 357's
at 58 cents for a single piece.  Check:

http://store.watchsupply.com/
cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=143&p_catid=24&sid=8FiFau0GwCm00IL

You may recall my sale to list members some time ago of a couple hundred
silver oxides.  The first 100 were Everready 357's and I think the
remainder were Panasonic equivalents.  I could have gotten Everready
357's for the second 100 but would have had to wait a couple of weeks
until they got more in.  At that time we hadn't had Tim's and other's
inputs on the superiority of the Everready cell within the silver oxide
lineup.

My cost back then (from Frei & Borel at:
http://www.ofrei.com/page_121.html) without shipping and re-shipping was
$55.00 per hundred so being able to buy a single battery at 58 cents is
(presumably) a great deal.  Checking Watch Supply's web site though
gives no clue as to shipping cost.  In fact, I accidentally submitted a
bogus order while trying to step through the ordering process so that I
could check the shipping cost.  The order was submitted without ever
telling me what the shipping cost would be.  That was OK though since it
didn't seem to care that my credit card number was 0.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA