RE: [OM] Bokeh MonsterAt

Subject: RE: [OM] Bokeh MonsterAt
From: Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 06:45:48 -0700 (PDT)
I wrote:
> >Regarding digital cameras: Frankly, I've been looking at
> these "brag
> >photos" taken with the ES-10, and think that most of these
> "best
> >efforts" would be my throwaways.

Les Clark rubutted:
> It was the tonal gradation that impressed me, but more than
> that, I was
> struck by the graphic sense of Jaco, our Belgian friend, using
> his
> E-10. As he said somewhere, he feels a kind of kinship with
> his camera
> now, and that encourages him to take lots of pictures.
>
> I guess my best might just equal your throwaways, Ken. Ah,
> well. You're
> the pro!

I wasn't talking about the compositions or subject.  It is the
slight lack of sharpness that was getting me.  Perfectly
adequate for 8x10, but without sharpening in an editor, not
going to hold up well enough in 11x14.  I'd like to see a "Gary
Reese" lens test on the digitals.

Ken