RE: [OM] Can I save this bellows? [also: help IDing a (non-OM) le ns?]

Subject: RE: [OM] Can I save this bellows? [also: help IDing a (non-OM) le ns?]
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:32:08 -0600
> Fair quality but nothing spectacular. 105mm is probably an
> Exacta type

 Yes, that's the conclusion I'd come to after rather more poking around on
old camera sites.

> The Kodak series adaptor allowed the use of Series 6 size
> filters which have no thread - they're held in place by the
> second retaining ring.

 ah, and that would explain what's going on there. Now that I check, the
adaptor doesn't actually fit properly -- it screws in about 1/2 a turn then
gets stuck as if the thread pitch doesn't match up. Asking around at local
shops, nobody here can use it -- so if anyone on the list wants an old,
rather dusty, Exacta lens, let me know and you're welcome to the thing..

 -- dan