RE: [OM] Lens assortment for travel

Subject: RE: [OM] Lens assortment for travel
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:06:54 -0700
Sure, Bernard, take it all and hire a porter. :-)

Seriously? I'd take the 4Ti, the OM-40, the 24/2.8, the 100/2.8, the
35-70/3.5-4.5 and the teleconverter, if weight is an issue. Should be no
more weight, total, than what you listed with the 180/2.8. While not
providing results as nice as I've been told the 180 does, the teleconverter
gives you a means to have (nearly) the same focal length (although you'll
lose the 360mm you could have with the 180 mounted on the teleconverter). It
also adds a back-up body, just in case the unthinkable happens to the 4Ti.

---
Scott Gomez