[OM] Anyone tried an IS/L A- or B-Macro with macro lenses?

Subject: [OM] Anyone tried an IS/L A- or B-Macro with macro lenses?
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:32:48 EDT
Hi, all!

I've recently acquired an IS/L B-Macro converter that I thought I could use
with my IS-3 and also try with my Oly 50/2 macro lens and Tamron 90/2.5,
since they all have 55 mm filter threads. Anyone got any experience or hints
for using any of these combinations? I've also got an A-Macro that I've been
planning to try with my 50/3.5, but haven't had time to do it yet. Anyone
with experience using that combination?

While we're talking macro, how about the relative merits of using the
front-mounted converter lenses vs. extension tubes vs. Tamron SP 2x converter
(which I could only use with the Tamron) vs. Vivitar macro focusing
teleconverter? Any favorite combinations among the mentioned items?

The B-Macro has a hairline-wide mark about 3-4 mm long on its front coating,
doesn't appear scratched all the way through to the glass. Any chance it will
cause problems in my photos? Considering that I got it in otherwise NIB
condition for only a little over $40.00 from that auction site, I expect I'll
keep it in spite of the mark.

Thanks for any and all comments.
Greg