Re: [OM] T10 Polarizer

Subject: Re: [OM] T10 Polarizer
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 00:38:32 -0700 (PDT)
Jeffrey E Bellin wrote:

I just found a great deal on a T10 Polarizer and I couldn't pass it up.
So here is my question. Do you have to worry about it being either a
linear or circular "filter" to work correctly with the OM4 and OM2s?

Thanks again for everyones help,

Jeff,

You only have to worry about it in manual mode, when you're relying on
the reading you get in the viewfinder, before the mirro is raised, to
set your aperture & shutter speed manually. The semi-silvered mirror
causes problems with linear polarizers, resulting in metering errors.
In auto mode (or program mode, with the 2S) it doesn't matter, because
the reading is taken by the camera after the mirror has been raised.

Regards,

=====
Ray