Re: [OM] Lens assortment for travel

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens assortment for travel
From: "Ralf Loi" <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:09:28 +0200

Others have commented about what lenses to take, and most people
recommanded to take a second body for spare.
I would add another idea for the second camera.
In the last years I found that I can shoot more quickly having to bodies
with different lenses attached, the two I most use (a 28 and a 50, probably
more than half of my photos are taken with these). Only when I need some
extra (21, 135 and in some special cases the 300) I change lens.
Doing so, I mostly have photos for the same subject/landscape on different
film, and this is useful in the bad case of a scratch on the film
(development/handling, I never found a lab that can assure a 100cratch
free film...): you know, the scratch is always on the best image!

Ralf Loi