Re: [OM] Lens assortment for travel

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens assortment for travel
From: Bernard Frangoulis <bf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:21:52 +0200
Thanks for all the good advice! Roger, Tom, Michael, Scott, Paul, Skip, Henrik, Chris, Rolf, Bernd...

So, finally, I think I'll take:

(In the photo bag, Domke F-3X)
OM-4Ti

Base kit:
24/2.8
35-70/3.5-4.5
100/2.8

Plus:
50/1.8 for low light
135/2.8
2x K*m*r* converter

(In the backpack, as a reserve)
OM-40

Unfortunately I cannot keep both the OM-4 and the OM-40 with lenses mounted in the bag, together with the other lenses. So the OM-40 will have to make conversation with my socks...

By the way... the 135/2.8 is new in my kit, I did not have it yesterday... Well, I went shopping this morning. *That* was a mistake (or was it?) - I came back with a 135/2.8 (MC) and a 200/4... Actually, some kind of grossly exaggerated homeopathy, treating my Zuiko-addiction by a tiny dose (did I say tiny?) of Zuiko medication :>} Let the good Dr Maitani cure me.

Why the 135 rather than a 75-150 zoom? I figure the zoom overlaps too much with the 100/2.8, which is my "what would you take with you on a desert island?" lens. The 135/2.8 is more compact than the zoom, has a higher aperture, and can give me a 270/5.6 of sorts with the 2x converter.

Bernard