Re: [OM] My Fang

Subject: Re: [OM] My Fang
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 04:03:52 EDT
In a message dated 8/28/01 5:32:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Well  Rich, I guess you cleaned out the east side before I got over
>  there. We're going in a couple of weeks did you leave me any crumbs? :>)
>  As far as the wildlife goes, there's a few deer and raccoons that have
>  been hanging out in my orchard that are living on borrowed time if they
>  touch my plums or peaches

Actually, Mike, I only stopped at a few places, and none of the several pawn
shops or camera stores in Spokane.  Skipped several towns altogether, like
Ellensburg, Moses Lake, Omak and Wenatchee.  Just got the pawn shop "thought"
after I left whitetail country.  Up there, I'm looking for wildlife (all the
racoons I saw were FORDs (found on road dead)).  Just like hunting, only with
a camera...  total "focus", a very "in the moment" experience for me, being
up there.

Those deer will eat your fruit as high as they can reach on their hind
legs.... unless you have a deer fence, a dog, or shoot them.  Of course,
island deer are little guys compared to the high country deer.  Are you
enough of an animal lover to "donate" the lower branches to them?

Good luck on your trip!  Must be more finds out there!

Rich