Re: [OM] need camera body advice

Subject: Re: [OM] need camera body advice
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:10:39 +0000
Bill's remarks about the OM-2S beat me to it. I believe you would also find its operation nearly the same as your OM-PC, and hardier with the same build quality as the other "single digit" bodies.

I believe it has been posted here before that concern about the circuit board for it no longer being available is an issue that has generated more angst amonst us than frequency of failure warrants. It's something worth noting so you're aware it cannot be replaced, and for deciding how beaten and battered a body you want to consider. [Same applies to the OM-4.] For the price that Bill mentions you should be able to get one in excellent condition that shows no dings, dents or scrapes, and has nearly perfect enamel . . . for just a shade over $200 you can find them without any brassing, even around the strap lugs. In my usage, the OM-2S is a second body with an OM-4 the primary, with zero hesitation in switching between the two. The OM-2S is very much a close cousin of the OM-4, and significantly closer to it than an OM-2n.

-- John
(who continuously lives on the precipice with an OM-2S *and* and OM-4)