[OM] Unusual C41 processing?

Subject: [OM] Unusual C41 processing?
From: John Hudson <xyyc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:39:43 -0700

Shown at

http://jahudson.tripod.com/TEMP/18.jpg

is one frame from a 24 exp roll of 200 ISO Fuji Superia I had processed
today. This image is as scanned; it has not been coloured corrected at
all. The photo was taken with a OM4T and a 35/80 f2.8 Zuiko zoom with a
Heliopan 81A warming filter at about 3pm last Sunday [26 Aug] afternoon.
The sky was overcast wall to wall grey with not a trace of sunlight and
with a noticeably blue / green coolness in the ambient lighting. There
were tall pine trees all around. The use of the 81A filter was a bit of
experimentation and might not have been really warranted.

What really intrigues me are the distinct traces of red lines in the
bottom right and the distinct trace of the same colour in the rushing
water at the top left of the photo. The colour of the entire image is
false.

I have other frames from the same roll of film [of completely different
scenery taken at other times of different days] which do not present any
evident of this red colour.

I am wondering if the red margins in the bottom right are the result of
faulty film processing at my lab, faulty film itself, or the impact of
having used a 81A warming filter.

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC