Re: [OM] Best Photographer Ever

Subject: Re: [OM] Best Photographer Ever
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 22:45:43 -0700
Paul Reynolds wrote:

Roger Wesson wrote:
 Tough question, but I think my all-time favourite photo would have to

 be this one:

 http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/images/a11earthrise.jpg

 Not a very good quality jpeg file, but you get the idea.  Perhaps a
bit
 unfair as only about 20 people have ever had the chance to take the
 shot.  But it's an extraordinary photo, of history in the making, one

 of mankind's most superb achievements.

Good choice Roger.

If this illustrates one of mankind's most superb achievements and
what's good about this world, to me the antithesis of it would be the
photograph of the fireman carrying away the child after the Oklahoma
bombing, which I seem to remember won a Pulitzer prize that year. All
that's bad about the world in a single image.

No one else up for this thread?

Well, if I hed to choose the image that has had the most disturbing
influence on my photography it might be this one, at photo.net (see my
comment at the end):

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=000oSX

;-) Regards,

=====
Ray

It has haunted you a year? If it were not art you would have forgotten it!  ;-)

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California