Re: [OM] OM4 / WInder 2 / MD1

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 / WInder 2 / MD1
From: David McGriffy <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 12:42:45 -0500

We definitely need motor and winder noises available as sound files on the www, in the same way someone has done so with mirror and exposure release sonds for various OM bodies. I don't have the proper equipment, but anybody else? This could be added to the FAQ.

I am well equipped for the audio portion of this task. And it looks to me like Tom S. has every possible variation of the Olympus gear. And as luck would have it, we both live in Austin. (Well, I guess it was luck that my parents moved here when I was three, but it's not luck that I still live here. It's not even hot here today. Of course, we're nearly under water ...) My recording kit is easily portable so we could meet wherever is convenient. Are you up for a winder recording party Tom? We need some good excuse to meet. I'll be off to Reno in about a week and I'm already going crazy getting ready so probably not till after that. I'll be crazy editing and posting all the media then, but that's really a steady, year round state for me so I've learned to deal with it.

A couple of points about my trip to the Reno Air Races: I am in the process of buying a Zuiko 65-200 from another list member. Many thanks to everyone for the recommendations. Also I have cleaned up my web pages of prior years stuff enough to post them. I work in the computer biz and have worked on major e-commerce sites (I did the architecture and performance work for the Dell factory outlet system for example) but my personal web pages look like engineering drawings at best. Anyway see: http://mcgriffy.com/reno/Reno2K Note that many of these are scanned on a very cheap scanner from the worst batch of 1-hour prints I have ever had. Any comments on how I might do better this year will be appreciated. I know not to use that lab again. I mean about the photo's. Some are with my OM-1 and either the 50/f1.8 or an old Vivitar 135mm. Some are from an oldish Kodak digital.

DMcG