Re: [OM] Best Photographer Ever

Subject: Re: [OM] Best Photographer Ever
From: "Tom A. Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:28:43 -0400
On Friday, August 31, 2001 at 7:46, John Hudson <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote on "Re: [OM] Best Photographer Ever," saying..

> "Tom A. Trottier" wrote:
> >
> > Gotta include my old boss, Yousuf Karsh.
> > For him, 4x5 was "small format" photography.
> >
> > Tom
>

> Tom .......... Arguably, Karsh was Canada's premier photographer [until
> he emigrated south!].

Yeah, at age 85, to clement Boston, his wife's stomping grounds.

> Do you know why he does not have any portraits of the Queen?

He does. There's a list at
http://www.npg.org.uk/live/search/person.asp?linkID=mp05467&role=art
>From '43 to '87, at least 5 sessions.

There's a person selling portraits cut from his books at
http://www.frii.com/~uliasz/karsh/list0.htm

He has an open directory section on him:
http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Photography/Masters/Karsh,_Yousuf

Tom

-------- Questions answered, answers questioned. No spam, please
Tom A. Trottier <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ICQ:57647974 +1 613 291-1168
fax:594-5412   415-400 Slater St. Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7
*After 2001 Oct 20:758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8*