RE: [OM] Alternate big zooms

Subject: RE: [OM] Alternate big zooms
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:42:47 -0600
> >  Darn, I thought it sounded too cheap..
>
> Cheap, yes. But not priceworthy IMO. Some sellers regularly
> appear on the German E*ay with a bunch of Exakta and other
> post GDR-lenses. They sell them as new, so the price is still
> quite high for these lenses.

 Yes, I found the same lens in a couple of other places;
http://www.ilfotoamatore.it/index_lista.asp?R=2&F=2 has them for 698,000
lire (=US$327) and
http://www.doerr-foto.de/service/pdf/objektiveundstative.pdf (Danubia/Dorr,
again) has them for what looks like 650DM (assuming I'm interpreting that
page correctly) which is US$301 -- so it's not even a particularly good
price for this lens in the first place.

 -- dan