Re: [OM] Teleconverters

Subject: Re: [OM] Teleconverters
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 13:48:17 +0000
Bernd Möller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When using a converter, remember to stop down the apertue to at least = F8.
> I have just got back some test shots (taken through my window facing = my
> back yard and the brick buildings at the other side, approx 80m away) =
> with a Tamron 3.8-4/80-210, a Zuiko 2.8/135 and three different 2x =
> converters: a Kenlock, an RMC Tokina and the Adapall Tamron SP. All shot =
> with a tripod and a cable release on an OM-2. I could have used MLU but = I
> seldomly use it in my photography.

An alternative to the regular converters is to use the ones for the IS
series of Olympus cameras. These have limited applications, since they
only come in 49mm or 55mm (I think), plus they can only be used on long
focal length lenses without serious vignetting. Finally, these
converters have no filter threads, you'd have to put any filters in
between the converter and the lens. These converters screw on to the
front of the lens, BTW. I have a 49mm one. The advantage of these is
that you maintain the same lens speed. So, with a 100mm f2.8 lens, I get
a 150mm/f2.8 lens with the converter. Check the esif for more info.

--
"I have a dragon and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Dirk Wright