[OM] My Trip to Upstate NY

Subject: [OM] My Trip to Upstate NY
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:48:50 -0700
I'm back from a wonderful trip to Watkins Glen and (briefly) Niagra
Falls and wanted to share a little with you all...

Overall, the trip was incredible. The Watkins Glen area is beautiful and
the track is incredible. The highlight of the trip for me was not
photographic, rather the 2 laps I got to ride in a not yet released 2002
Audi A4 (w/ Cosworth 3.0L V6) driven at the limit (and beyond) by racing
legend (5 time Le Mans winner) Derek Bell...I am still on a high from
that wonderful experience.

I am now off to go pick up the 17 rolls of slides and 5 rolls of print
film (the later develop and put on CD only) shortly but got the two
rolls we shot on my wife's Stylus Epic yesterday. This link:
http://motorsportvisions.com/nf01/ will take you to an index of a few
select shots taken with my wife's Stylus Epic. Images 1 and 2 were on
"gift shop Kodak 400 something or another" film, the others on Fuji NPH
400.

After shooting at the Quattro Club's Concours, Banquet, and two days of
track sessions I was in no mood to do any more OM shooting and left all
my stuff in the car except the Epic. These scans are from the prints (in
other words I could get perhaps better scans of the negs on my slide
scanner). That little camera captured a couple really nice ones at
Niagra Falls. Given the amount of moisture in the air the Stylus Epic
was the perfect camera to use at the falls (never mind the thunder storm
that opened up on my wife and I while shooting at the track...thank
goodness for plastic garbage bags).

We managed to get to both the Canadian and US sides of the falls and
really enjoyed both. We had a great trip overall and I will post a link
to some of the club work sometime next week as I start getting it up on
my site for those who may be curious.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com