Re: [OM] Flash/OM-4 question

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash/OM-4 question
From: "Ralf Loi" <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 17:37:58 +0200
Paul, John,
thanks for the info.
I'm using silver oxid batteries, because I already know the "strange"
discharge curve of alkalines, and I put the camera on red "B" when it stays
for long in the bag, so the batteries have a life of slighty less of one
year (maybe 10 months).
There is no doubt that the problem was caused from weak batteries, but the
strange for me it that after the bad flash shot, leaving the flash and
without changing the batteries, the camera worked good, with perfect
exposures.
If the batteries were so weak that the the 2nd curtain traveled with the
1st (as suggested by Paul - black slide = no light came to film), why
simply leaving the flash fixed the problem? Does the camera need more power
when using the flash or there is some electronic problem with my camera?

Ralf Loi