Re: [OM] Another question

Subject: Re: [OM] Another question
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 23:25:47 -0400
Don-
My guess is that the bright background fooled the Walmart printer process.
It looks at the negative much like an averaging meter looks at the scene.
The printer probably adjusted for the bright spot, so the foreground came
out dark. You can have them reprint them, paying attention to the proper
exposure. I've seen it a lot. You take the time and effort to expose the
negative correctly, only to have the printer defeat your work. I've also
found that my exposures are on target a lot more than the machine prints
show, as proven by the film scanner.
-Mickey