Re: [OM] Olympus Filter Quality?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Filter Quality?
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 11:24:39 EDT
I have one Olympus 49mm Sky, and it too, looks nice.  Hope to get a few more.

Heading up to Mt. Rainier again today, so broke down and bought a Tiffen
polarizer yesterday at Ritz Camera.  $39.95.  Hope it's as good as the price.
 Has front threads.  Ritz also had Quantaray, a little cheaper ($29.95, I
think?) which the salesman said is made by Hoya.  And B & W!  I told him to
not even get out the B & W.  I want one, but can't justify the cost at
present, and didn't want to have one in front of me, tempting me.

Seems Tiffen makes most of their own filters (except the polarizer says (Made
in Japan for Tiffen")?

Rich